This DIY was a mostly straightforward and easy one! Everything I used I ordered from Amazon with less than 7 day shipping. I’m not one to want to wait around to finish a DIY. I’ve had my eye on the more expensive, Serena & Lily version for awhile and even with my trade discount, it was still over $1,000! With our cat, and the table going in the entryway, I couldn’t bring myself to spend that much when I could make it myself for far less.
This DIY cost in total around $140 and the only thing that I used that I already had was a wallpaper smoother tool, but I’ll link the one I used in the post.
What you’ll need:
- Amazon Table $98
- 2 rolls of Peel-and-stick Grasscloth Wallpaper $30/roll
- Wallpaper Smoother tool (I already had one)
- Wood Glue (I already had some)
Here are the steps I followed + Some Tips:
- Put together table using instructions provided. They’re pretty straightforward and the parts are all labeled and numbered. **Use the wood glue as extra stability for the wooden dowel holes**
- Start applying the wallpaper. Watch the video below- there is no real method to the madness, but I would suggest laying a roll over the top and smoothing the entire top and sides out before going into the detail pieces that you’ll need to cut.
- This wallpaper is pretty forgiving and was easily corrected if need to peel it off and straighten or start over.
- The pattern does have a repeat, but I did my best to line the pieces up to look cohesive.
Comment with any questions! Follow me @salembrieske on Instagram for more design DIYs and tips!